Saturday, August 8, 2009

Damn it to hell!

New rule starting today in our house : no more mean or negative words. Gene and Neil were pretty clear on appropriate vocabulary when they were little and neither of them ever said anything too awful. (This was back in the day when "stupid" or "dumb" was considered unutterable and "shut up" was like saying the "f" word. Well let me tell ya, things have changed around here. Last night someone called someone "ya dumb idiot".... and everyone (except me and Trent) says "shut up". We're starting today... no more "bad" words. I'm not sure how to go about it ... so far we've made the announcement and no one said too much but I think there is going to have to be a reward or something in place that is going to LEARN 'em.

Of course the main problem right now will be me and Trent. We are both bad and use expletives as a matter of course. It'll probably be a quiet house for a while 'cause we'll have to relearn and UNlearn some communication techniques. Fuck. Me. This is going to be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
I recently moved with my family to Port Angeles... we are kind of re-inventing ourselves... I am 39 and have Cystic Fibrosis.

Blog Archive