Monday, October 13, 2008

Seeking balance

So it's been a month now and I've met Unschoolers and Homeschoolers and people who have a very hands off approach with the child at the center of a "learning environment" and people who demand that their kids be at the table having already eaten and completed their "chores" ready for school by 8 a.m.

I am still looking for balance. It does not help (or maybe it does) that both boys have different learning styles. It does not help that I clash with one repeatedly and rarely with another. We seem, however to be making progress. We definitely have more recesses than I'd first implemented! And we never did get rid of the t.v. one hundred percent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
I recently moved with my family to Port Angeles... we are kind of re-inventing ourselves... I am 39 and have Cystic Fibrosis.

Blog Archive