Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Neil's Day

Wednesdays are going to be funky... Gene has late start but Gus has early release. Don't ask why... there is no logical reason for this. I would have to guess that it has something to do with fucking with the poor-all-suffering parents.

So... here's the line up. Trent and I get up at 6 a.m. and have breakfast. (This I LOVE... we never got to have breakfast together "before". Trent always grabbed his coffee and ran, usually on the phone already dealing "with his day" before snapping his seat belt....) So, we have breakfast and this week Gus has been joining us 'cause it puts him in a great mood to have breakfast with Dad without his siblings. Then Trent leaves at 6:30 a.m. , Gus's bus is at 7:30, I get Gene up at 7:50, and leave with Gene at 8:50, back home by 9:30 to start school with Neil. Gus gets home at 1:20.

Kind of a cluster...

BUT, when I got home today Neil had already completed his math for the day. We started History right away because we are learning about the Vikings and Neil was really wanting to get into more Viking stuff (lots of weapons, burning and pillaging for those Vikings... what's not to love?) We ended up making a paper Viking Long Boat and then creating a Diorama for the boat... Lots of tape, paint, scissors and paper AND the HOT GLUE GUN (nothing says "fun" for the boys more than the HOT GLUE GUN... I have to capitalize it cause mostly the boys have to shout it's name.... Bring out the HOT GLUE GUN in our house and the party's OWWWWNNNN.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
I recently moved with my family to Port Angeles... we are kind of re-inventing ourselves... I am 39 and have Cystic Fibrosis.

Blog Archive