Thursday, January 28, 2010

Reading... soooo over-rated...

(My sister and I just like to say this to each other, it has no relevence to this post.)

Trent started working out at the YMCA and he usually tries to bring the boys with him.  They play basketball with a few other guys there.  The boys love it, but it has totally thrown off our reading time.  They usually don't get home until after 8:00 and then we eat dinner.  This has caused me considerable stress (to put it mildly).  The boys actually enjoy our read aloud time (especially since there's NO tv and I'm the most entertaining thing going on - God forbid they'd actually pick up a book and read to themselves...)  Anyway, I realized that the time at the gym with Trent is probably as important as reading time.  (It's a stretch for me to say this, but it's probably mostly, kind of true... maybe.)  And so, I've come to the realization that we're just going to have to make sure that we are reading consistantly the five OTHER nights and it won't damage them TOOOOO much.  (Truth be told, Trent shot down my idea of listening to a book on tape during mealtime on our basketball nights.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
I recently moved with my family to Port Angeles... we are kind of re-inventing ourselves... I am 39 and have Cystic Fibrosis.

Blog Archive