Saturday, February 1, 2014

Life of a Cleaning Lady

I got a job.... or at least I go out to work now.
The children say things like : Are you working today?
I could not chaperon a school field trip because I had to "work".  It's an adjustment, but weirdly, I like it.  I like that I am not in an office and I like that I don't have to wear a uniform and I like that I'm not being coughed and sneezed on by a flu-ridden public.  I would dearly love to make coffee for a living...  Damn.  I'd be a good barista!  And fuck - I'd be funny!  Buuuuuuuut..... then a flu-ridden public would not like their coffee being made by a sniffling hacking sick barista.  Oh well....  life.... it's a fucker.

Two friends and I started our own cleaning business and since August we are steadily building a clientele and I am working about 45 hours a month.  It's pretty lucrative and it's hard work but I like it.  And as in the cobbler's children.... my house isn't clean any more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
I recently moved with my family to Port Angeles... we are kind of re-inventing ourselves... I am 39 and have Cystic Fibrosis.

Blog Archive