Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a GREAT day!

You probably don't get too many days in each life that stand out in that JFK way... The days that everyone remembers. I think that this is my third. We've been through 9/11, Obama's election and now the in inauguration. I don't think that I am being simplistic to think that I will always remember these three days. Mind you, the boys will certainly remember Obama's election but I'm not sure that today had the same impact so maybe it will just be some of us that remember today as a pristine, happy, perfect day. It was fabulous! Arethra Franklin sang and I got chills. Obama spoke and I got chills. Obama took his oath of office and I got chills. Joe Biden took his oath and he just looked to giddy and goofy that it broke the intensity for me and made me laugh. What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
I recently moved with my family to Port Angeles... we are kind of re-inventing ourselves... I am 39 and have Cystic Fibrosis.

Blog Archive