Thursday, April 9, 2009


Trent and I have made the switch to cash... no credit. We have always used credit cards. I get irritated when I'm behind someone paying with a cheque. (Hurry the HELL up.... write FASTER... ) I'm a swiper... swipe... sign me name... I'm gone... Now I'm writing the cheques... SOOOOOOOOOO slow.... so inconvenient. BUT... we've already saved a ton of money. It doesn't really make any sense... I always felt that I had a great handle on how we spent money. I never felt that using my credit card wasn't the same as spending "money". Whatever the reason... it IS different using a method that involves the money coming directly out of your account! And... I can't believe I am saying this... (I feel SO disloyal to my lovely British Airways credit card... (now THAT'S ironic... because I KNOW that Chase couldn't give two craps about me...) BUT it is SO liberating to NOT use my card. Strange indeed...

We are also on a new plan to only go to the grocery store once a week. This is crazy... (how DID people EVER do this??) So... of the spin offs of this is that when there isn't anything "good" to eat... I have to (this ones good...) MAKE it. (Yes... flour and eggs and a recipe.... like in the olden days!!) That's been surprisingly fun... If I couldn't get any more 50sHousewife.... now I'm making the cookies.... Haven't heard any complaints from anyone... (except Gene... who managed to take issue with my FRESHLY-baked-THAT-morning-Soda Bread... and complained that it wasn't as good when it wasn't WARM OUT OF THE OVEN. (Sweet lil baby Jesus... my kids are spoiled...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
I recently moved with my family to Port Angeles... we are kind of re-inventing ourselves... I am 39 and have Cystic Fibrosis.

Blog Archive