Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Lions Club

This weekend is the last weekend that the Lions Club will offer their fabulous Sunday morning breakfast. It's become a bit of a tradition for us... The local chapter is just around the corner and each Sunday (8:30 to 11:00) they offer a slap up American breakfast... Adults $6, children $3. For the love of GAWD I can't buy and cook it for that.... It's a real local event too. Even we meet people we know (and WE don't know ANYone!) It's very hometown America.... folksy... white bread... people call you "honey". I love it. It'll be back in the Autumn. We'll be there. The only bad thing is the coffee.... it's the worst coffee I've ever tasted (and I grew up in instant-coffee-land). Even instant would be better than what the Lions Club makes. But in some ways it adds to the charm. (Not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
I recently moved with my family to Port Angeles... we are kind of re-inventing ourselves... I am 39 and have Cystic Fibrosis.

Blog Archive