Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes

Gus loves fairy tales.  I have always found them (especially any of the brothers Grimm) to be so gruesome that I never read them to the kids, or I read watered down versions where Grandma doesn't actually get eaten by the wolf, but Gus and Bay seem to like the original versions.  Gus' current favorite is Jack and the Beanstalk... when we got to the whole "Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum, I smell the blood etc etc " I was sure I was going to far, but neither of them seemed all that impressed by the graphic words!  Anyway, now I'm on a quest to read them more of them and I feel pretty bad that I've neglected this whole genre.

Bay has discovered nursery songs...  Currently we are singing "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly"...  I've always found the lyrics to be quite disgusting, but there again, Bay wants me to sing it over and over and over.  Must expand repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
I recently moved with my family to Port Angeles... we are kind of re-inventing ourselves... I am 39 and have Cystic Fibrosis.

Blog Archive