Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sick Girl Croaks

I really, really, really hate being sick.  We've had this horrible cold virus in the house for more than two weeks and it finally got me!  I was being so diligent with saline nasal washes (yuck) and taking it easy.  I  NEVER take to me bed... but I had to this time.  I was zapped.  I think I'm over the worst of it now though, all I have is a persistent, dry cough that is enough to drive me round the bend.  I don't think I'm a very good patient.  I want to be up and busy but thank GOD I'd been to the library earlier in the week and stocked up in a variety of fiction.  Gene is surprisingly (well, maybe it's not fair to say "surprisingly) good at making sure I've got everything I need, and I overheard him chiding the little ones for "bugging me when I'm sick".  Quite sweet.  Neil came in and told me that my room smelled rotten... like wet dog... which ticked me off badly and I croaked at him to get out if he was going to make me feel worse.  He left and took Drake, who was of course WET and lying by my bed, with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
I recently moved with my family to Port Angeles... we are kind of re-inventing ourselves... I am 39 and have Cystic Fibrosis.

Blog Archive