Friday, January 13, 2017

And here we all are

Years later.
The boy did indeed have spine surgery to fuse his C1 and C2 due to them never having fused.  Evidently, he has been a bit of a ticking bomb all his life and it is quite literally amazing that with all the crazy stunts he has done and mishaps which have befallen him and roofs that he has scaled that he didn't (quite literally) drop dead with this never-fused thang.
He had the surgery at Harborview.  Trent and I survived the whole thing and then a month or two later I found myself in a bit of PTSD territory.  We all made it through.  Gus healed at a ridiculous pace.  Apparently 15 year old boys do do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
I recently moved with my family to Port Angeles... we are kind of re-inventing ourselves... I am 39 and have Cystic Fibrosis.

Blog Archive